You Are Reading

Design For Print & Web: Foiling Experiment






I wanted to experiment with foiling to make the booklet more of a tactile piece and make people want to interact with it when they open the envelope, foiling adds another dimension to printed designs. To foil I first printed my design onto a neon green stock using a laser printer. I then cut the foil down to size, placed in a heating pocket and ran it through the laminator and then when the foil is peeled away is leaves the shiny foil on the printed areas of the page. Overall the technique looked but I wasn't completely happy with the result as some of foil didn't adhere and left silver speckles over the foiled area. However it still made the booklet more interactive and tactile and also more visually interesting to look at. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved