You Are Reading

Design For Print & Web: Considering a Product Range

The brief requires us to create a range of products across both print and web however I want my main focus to be Web and then print to back up the digital design.

My web and design based products will consist of:

  • The TV channel format, presentation and design
  • Takeover Website
  • Takeover Companion TV App

My web based products are pretty much set in stone as it's partially the reason why I chose the brief but also they are extremely relevant products to the TV channel as in recent years emphasis has been placed on 'the second screen' which is a reference to how many of us now watch TV and use a second screen which is can be a laptop, iphone or iPad which is why my chosen web products are relevant to the brief. 

My print products have slightly more scope for consideration and variation, before having the crit with Lorraine and Simon I was slightly unsure in my mind as to what direction I should take the print as I don't want it to feel like it's tacked onto the web elements of the brief. They suggested that I look at the range of products that could be used to promote the channel. I have taken this idea and considered how I can use print and print proposal to launch the channel, as it's a new channel, into the public. I have considered the following range of products:

  • Tote Bag
  • T-shirt or Hoodie
  • Mug
  • Foam Hand
  • Stickers
  • Badges
  • Leaflets
  • Flyers
  • iPhone skins
  • Food packaging for food such as popcorn, sweets etc food you eat whilst watching TV
  • CD/DVD
  • Tea towel

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved